Terms of Service
Effective date: January 2, 2022
Welcome to Sevents Calendar (the Website). Sevents Calendar is an informational website owned and operated by One Ten Digital, LLC, PO Box 1863, Bangor, ME 04402.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE WEBSITE. BY ACCESSING AND/OR USING THE WEBSITE (OTHER THAN TO READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE FOR THE FIRST TIME). YOU ARE AGREEING TO COMPLY WITH THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, WHICH MAY CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME AS SET FORTH IN SECTION XIII BELOW.
The Website and included content (and any derivative works or enhancements of the same) including, but not limited to, all text, illustrations, files, images, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, information, content, materials, products, services, URLs, technology, documentation, and interactive features (collectively, the Website Content) and all intellectual property rights to the same are owned by One Ten Digital, LLC, d/b/a Sevents Calendar, our licensors, or both. Additionally, all trademarks, service marks, trade names and trade dress that may appear on the Website are owned by us, our licensors, or both. Except for the limited use rights granted to you in these Terms of Service, you shall not acquire any right, title or interest in the Website or any Website Content. Any rights not expressly granted in these Terms of Service are expressly reserved.
WEBSITE ACCESS AND USE
- Access to the Website including, without limitation, the Website Content is provided for your information and personal, non-commercial use only. When using the Website, you agree to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws including, without limitation copyright law. Except as expressly permitted in these Terms of Service, you may not use, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works based upon, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, transmit, or otherwise exploit Website Content for any purpose whatsoever without obtaining prior written consent from us or, in the case of third-party content, its respective owner. In certain instances, we may permit you to download or print Website Content or both. In such a case, you may download or print (as applicable) one copy of Website Content for your personal, non-commercial use only. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading or printing Website Content.
- You are responsible for and must provide all computer, telephone, and/or other equipment and services necessary to access the Website. In addition, you are responsible for any access charges incurred through on-line services, telephone companies, or Internet service providers used in obtaining access to the Website.
- We periodically schedule system downtime for maintenance and other purposes. Unplanned outages also may occur. One Ten Digital, LLC, shall have no liability for the resulting unavailability of the Site or for any loss of data or transactions caused by planned or unplanned system outages, or any outages of webhost providers.
Except as expressly permitted in these Terms of Service, you may not:
- Remove, alter, cover, or distort any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice on the Website or Website Content;
- Circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Website including, without limitation, any features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on the use of the Website or Website Content;
- Use an automatic device (such as a robot or spider) or manual process to copy or scrape the Website or Website Content for any purpose without the express written permission of One Ten Digital, LLC. Notwithstanding the foregoing, One Ten Digital, LLC, d/b/a Sevents Calendar, grants public search engine operators permission to use automatic devices (such as robots or spiders) to copy Website Content from the Website for the sole purpose of creating (and only to the extent necessary to create) a searchable index of Website Content that is available to the public. We reserve the right to revoke this permission (generally or specifically) at any time;
- Collect or harvest any personally identifiable information from the Website including, without limitation, user names, passwords, email addresses;
- Solicit other users to join or become members of any commercial online service or other organization without our prior written approval;
- Attempt to or interfere with the proper working of the Website or impair, overburden, or disable the same;
- Decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble any portion of any the Website;
- Use network-monitoring software to determine architecture of or extract usage data from the Website;
- Encourage conduct that violates any local, state or federal law, either civil or criminal, or impersonate another user, person, or entity (e.g., using another person’s Membership without permission, etc.);
- Violate U.S. export laws, including, without limitation, violations of the Export Administration Act and the Export Administration Regulations administered by the Department of Commerce; or
- Engage in any conduct that restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Website.
- You agree to cooperate fully with One Ten Digital, LLC, to investigate any suspected or actual activity that is in breach of these Terms of Service.
CONDITIONS FOR LINKING TO WEBSITE
Upon your acceptance of these Terms of Service as evidence by your clicking where indicated below your acceptance of and agreement to these terms, we hereby grant you a non-exclusive, limited license, revocable at our discretion, for you to link to the Website home page from any site you own or control that is not commercially competitive with the Website and does not criticize or otherwise injure the Website, so long as the site where the link resides, and all other locations to which such site links, comply with all applicable laws and do not in any way abuse, defame, stalk, threaten or violate the rights of privacy, publicity, intellectual property or other legal rights of others or, in any way, post, publish, distribute, disseminate or facilitate any inappropriate, infringing, defamatory, profane, indecent, obscene or illegal/unlawful information, topic, name or other material or that violates the spirit of our mission. Such a link is not an endorsement of such other site(s) by us. All of our rights and remedies are expressly reserved.
- In order to access or use some features of the Website, you will have to become a registered user. If you are under the age of thirteen, then you are not permitted to register as a user or otherwise submit personal information to this Website.
- If you become a registered user, you will provide true, accurate and complete registration information and, if such information changes, you will promptly update the relevant registration information. During registration, you will create a user name and password (a Membership), which may permit you access to certain areas of the Website not available to non-registered users. You are responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the confidentiality of your Membership. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs under your Membership, whether or not you have authorized the activity. You agree to notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your Membership.
- We may now or in the future permit users to post, upload, transmit through, or otherwise make available on the Website (collectively, submit) messages, text, illustrations, files, images, graphics, photos, comments, sounds, music, videos, information, content, and/or other materials (User Content). Subject to the rights and license you grant herein, you retain all right, title and interest in your User Content. We do not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to User Content even if it is not published on the Website. It is solely your responsibility to monitor and protect any intellectual property rights that you may have in your User Content, and we do not accept any responsibility for the same.
- You shall not submit any User Content protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, or other intellectual property, personal, contractual, proprietary or other third party right without the express permission of the owner of the respective right. You are solely liable for any damage resulting from your failure to obtain such permission or from any other harm resulting from User Content that you submit.
You represent, warrant, and covenant that you will not submit any User Content that:
- Violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including, but not limited to, any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, or other intellectual property, personal, contractual, proprietary or other third party right of any person or entity;
- Impersonates another or is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane, pornographic, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing or otherwise objectionable;
- Encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law;
- Includes personal information such as messages which identify phone numbers, social security numbers, account numbers, addresses, or employer references;
- Contains a formula, instruction, or advice that could cause harm or injury;
- Is a chain letter of any kind; or
- The licensed use by us hereunder would result in us having any obligation or liability to any party.
- By submitting User Content to us, simultaneously with such posting you automatically grant, or warrant that the owner has expressly granted, to us a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully licensable, and transferable right and license to use, record, sell, lease, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works based upon (including, without limitation, translations), publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, publish and otherwise exploit the User Content (in whole or in part) as we, in our sole discretion, deem appropriate including, without limitation, (1) in connection with our business; and (2) in connection with the businesses of our successors, parents, subsidiaries, and their related companies. We may exercise this grant in any format, media or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any copyright that may exist in such User Content. Furthermore, you also grant other users permission to access your User Content and to use, record, sell, lease, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works based upon, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, publish and otherwise exploit your User Content for personal, non-commercial use as permitted by the functionality of the Website and these Terms of Service. The granted rights include the right to configure, host, index, cache, digitize, compress, optimize, modify, edit, adapt, and remove such content and combine same with other materials. Furthermore, we are free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in any User Content you submit without any remuneration or obligation to you.
- By submitting User Content, you also grant us the right, but not the obligation to use your biographical information including, without limitation, your name and geographical location in connection with broadcast, print, online, or other use or publication of your User Content.
- We reserve the right to display advertisements in connection with your User Content and to use your User Content for advertising and promotional purposes. You acknowledge and agree that your User Content may be included on the Websites and advertising networks of our distribution partners and third-party service providers (including their downstream users).
- We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor User Content. Please exercise caution and common sense when viewing User Content. We have no obligation to post, maintain or otherwise make use of User Content and do not guarantee distribution of User Content. We may discontinue operation of the Website, or your use of the Website, in either case in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. You have no right to maintain or access your User Content on the Website and we have no obligation to return your User Content or otherwise make it available to you.
- The rights granted by you hereunder may not be terminated, revoked or rescinded and are not subject to reversion. If you become aware that User Content you have submitted includes any material for which you lack the unrestricted right to grant us the rights set forth above without obligations or liability to any party, you agree to promptly provide us with detailed written notice thereof to One Ten Digital, LLC, d/b/a Sevents Calendar, PO Box 1863, Bangor, ME 04402, and email@example.com.
WEBSITE CONTENT & THIRD PARTY LINKS
- We provide the Website including, without limitation Website Content for entertainment, educational, and promotional purposes only. You may not rely on any information and opinions expressed on any of our Website for any other purpose. In all instances, it is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or usefulness of Website Content. We make no commitment to update the information on the Website. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on any Website Content.
- In some instances, Website Content will include content posted by a third-party or will represent the opinions and judgments of a third-party. We do not endorse, warrant and are not responsible for the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made on the Website by anyone other than authorized employees or spokespersons while acting in their official capacities.
- The Website may contain advertisements from third parties. We are not responsible for, and do not control, any third-party content or advertisements which are posted on the Website, nor do we take any responsibility for the goods or services provided by advertisers.
- The Website may contain links to other Websites maintained by third parties. We do not operate or control, in any respect, or necessarily endorse the content found on these third-party Websites. You assume sole responsibility for your use of third-party links. We are not responsible for any content posted on third-party Websites or liable to you for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of your dealings with any third-party or their Website.
The Website may provide functionality to notify you about events on the calendar. We provide notifications for entertainment, educational, and promotional purposes only. You may not rely on notifications for any other purpose. In all instances, it is your responsibility to evaluate, and we do not guarantee, the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or usefulness of notifications. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on notifications.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless One Ten Digital, LLC, and its employees, agents, distribution partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, and their related companies from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, obligations, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of, related to, or that may arise in connection with: (i) your access to or use of the Website; (ii) User Content provided by you or through use of your Membership; (iii) any actual or alleged violation or breach by you of these Terms of Service; (iv) any actual or alleged breach of any representation, warranty, or covenant that you have made to us; or (v) your acts or omissions. You agree to cooperate fully with us in the defense of any claim that is the subject of your obligations hereunder.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE WEBSITE AND WEBSITE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ONE TEN DIGITAL, LLC, DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES INCLUDING ANY: (1) WARRANTIES THAT THE WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (2) WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, SECURITY, USEFULNESS, TIMELINESS, OR INFORMATIONAL CONTENT OF THE WEBSITE OR WEBSITE CONTENT; (3) WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (4) WARRANTIES FOR SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON OUR WEBSITE OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE WEBSITE; (5) WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITE; (6) WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE SECURE OR UNINTERRUPTED; AND (7) WARRANTIES THAT ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL ONE TEN DIGITAL, LLC, AND ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, DISTRIBUTION PARTNERS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND THEIR RELATED COMPANIES BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF, RELATING TO, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE WEBSITE OR THESE TERMS OF SERVICE. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE WEBSITE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WEBSITE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE WEBSITE. SUCH LIMITATION SHALL ALSO APPLY WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES INCURRED BY REASON OF SERVICES OR PRODUCTS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY LINKS ON THE WEBSITE, AS WELL AS BY REASON OF ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY LINKS ON THE WEBSITE. SUCH LIMITATION SHALL ALSO APPLY WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES INCURRED BY REASON OF ANY CONTENT POSTED BY A THIRD-PARTY OR CONDUCT OF A THIRD-PARTY ON THE WEBSITE.
- NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CUMULATIVE LIABILITY OF ONE TEN DIGITAL, LLC, AND ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, DISTRIBUTION PARTNERS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND THEIR RELATED COMPANIES EXCEED THE GREATER OF THE TOTAL PAYMENTS RECEIVED FROM YOU BY ONE TEN DIGITAL, LLC, DURING THE PRECEDING TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD OR $100.
- In some jurisdictions limitations of liability are not permitted. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing limitations may not apply to you. These limitations shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- We reserve the right in our sole discretion and at any time to terminate or suspend your Membership and/or block your access to the Website for any reason including, without limitation if you have failed to comply with the letter and spirit of these Terms of Service. You agree that One Ten Digital, LLC, shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination or suspension of your Membership or for blocking your access to the Website.
- If you become a registered user, you may terminate your Membership at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any suspension or termination shall not affect your obligations to us under these Terms of Service. The provisions of these Terms of Service which by their nature should survive the suspension or termination of your Membership or these Terms of Service shall survive including, but not limited to the rights and licenses that you have granted hereunder, indemnities, releases, disclaimers, limitations on liability, and provisions related to choice of law.
CHOICE OF LAW
These Terms of Service shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maine without regard to its conflict of laws rules.
AMENDMENT; ADDITIONAL TERMS
- We reserve the right in our sole discretion and at any time and for any reason, to modify or discontinue any aspect or feature of the Website or to modify these Terms of Service. In addition, we reserve the right to provide you with operating rules or Additional Terms that may govern your use of the Website generally, unique parts of the Website, or both (Additional Terms). Any Additional Terms that we may provide to you will be incorporated by reference into these Terms of Service. To the extent any Additional Terms conflict with these Terms of Service, the Additional Terms will control.
- Modifications to these Terms of Service or Additional Terms will be effective immediately upon notice, either by posting on the Website or by notification by email or conventional mail. It is your responsibility to review the Terms of Service and the Website from time to time for any changes or Additional Terms. Your access and use of any the Website following any modification of these Terms of Service or the provision of Additional Terms will signify your assent to and acceptance of the same. If you object to any subsequent revision to the Terms of Service or to any Additional Terms, you may terminate your Membership as provided in Section XI herein or, if you do not have an Membership, your only recourse is to immediately discontinue use of the Website.
- Any delay or failure on the part of us to exercise or enforce any rights under these Terms of Service to which we may be entitled shall not, in any event, be construed as a waiver of the right and privilege to do so at any subsequent time. You irrevocably agree that you waive any and all rights to injunctive or other equitable relief. The section headings used herein are for convenience only and shall not be given any legal import. If any provision of these Terms of Service is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of the Terms of Service, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- You may not assign these Terms of Service or assign any rights or delegate any obligations hereunder, in whole or in part, without our prior written consent. Any such purported assignment or delegation by you without the appropriate prior written consent will be null and void and of no force and effect.
© 2023 One Ten Digital